- Main Ingredientsbrie, honey, mache, bread, pepper
- Level Of CookingEasy
Whipped brie, raw honey and baby mache on garlic rubbed crostini with telicherry pepper
- Prepairation Time: 5 minutes
- Cooking Time: 11 minutes
- Servings: 42
- Category: appetizers
This recipe is so simple. It takes no time to prepare and it's decadent. My favorite trio. I made this last night at a dinner party and the crowd gobbled them up. Thank you French Laundry- for my moment of inspiration- without you, I'd be lost in the culinary world of flavor combinations.
1 french baguette, sliced thin
triple cream brie cheese, 1/2 lb.
1/3 c. heavy whipping cream
raw, unfiltered honey
telicherry pepper in a pepper mill
olive oil for brushing
salt and pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 400.
Slice baguette into thin slices, it'll make close to 50 slices. Brush each slice with olive oil and lay out on a sheet tray. You'll have to make multiple batches. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Bake at 400 degrees for 11 minutes, flipping half way through. The crostini will be a golden brown when finished.
Meanwhile, while bread is baking- take the rind off the brie and put in the bowl of a standing mixer. Using the paddle attachment whip brie until light and fluffy, like softened whipped butter. Put speed to low and slowly pour in up to a 1/3 c. heavy whipping cream. Scrape down the sides of the bowl to incorporate fully. Leave the brie out at room temperature.
Spread the raw honey on a crostini and make a quennelle, by rolling the brie between two wet spoons, creating an almond, football shape- place gently on top of the crostini. Delicately place a leaf of mache on the brie and finish with cracked fresh pepper.
My Recent Comments
Recipes and Categories
- We feed people the way that we like to eat- with real food from real people October 22, 2016
- The Healing Benefits of Essential Oils October 18, 2016
- Clean Eating Detox: Week 2 Menu Plan: Focusing on Awareness October 10, 2016
- Week 2: Focus on Awareness in the second week of this cleanse experience October 7, 2016
- Establish smart meal planning habits October 5, 2016