- Main Ingredientspotato, peanut oil, pecorino romano, herbs, garlic, truffle oil
- Level Of CookingEasy
Truffled potato chips with shaved pecorino romano
- Prepairation Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 6
- Category: side dish
Our friend Kim came to visit from Canada last night. She's a total foodie. She works at a specialty store and knows all about cheese and wine. She's got every gadget under the sun for cooking and truly is a food artist, in every sense of the word- from the way she describes her preparations to putting as much love as she can onto a plate, this gal has got talent.
I, of course, was testing out a new recipe for "pomme frites" with my spiralizer. Kim happened to mention this lovely recipe for potato chips that is served at one of her favorite steak houses in Ontario. I gave it a try. My recommendation for a little added kick and pizzazz would be to mince up fresh herbs, like parsley and chives and sprinkle them on top of the pecorino with some very lightly cooked garlic chips. I'm including them in the recipe for you.
1 russet potato
1 bottle peanut oil
garlic powder,to taste
onion powder,to taste
salt and pepper, to taste
shaved Pecorino Romano, to taste
minced fresh herbs: parsley and chives- to taste
shaved garlic, flash sauteed in olive oil
Truffle oil, white or black
Preheat the peanut oil in a large dutch oven and bring the temperature up to 385-395 degrees.
Using a spiralizer, cut one potato into long curly shoe strings.
In quarter batches, deep fry the chips until golden brown, stirring frequently to cook evenly.
Drain on paper towels in a colander and toss with garlic and onion powder, salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, mince herbs and garlic
Heat olive oil in a saute pan and flash the garlic and herbs quickly, not browning or burning them.
~ To serve: I served these chips on top of a rib eye steak, drizzled in truffle oil and garnished with shaved Pecorino Romano. Sprinkle with the herbs and garlic.
Tools I used:
My Recent Comments
Recipes and Categories
- We feed people the way that we like to eat- with real food from real people October 22, 2016
- The Healing Benefits of Essential Oils October 18, 2016
- Clean Eating Detox: Week 2 Menu Plan: Focusing on Awareness October 10, 2016
- Week 2: Focus on Awareness in the second week of this cleanse experience October 7, 2016
- Establish smart meal planning habits October 5, 2016