- Main Ingredientskiwi, avocado, chia seeds
- Level Of CookingEasy
- (2 Cups) calories: 265
- fat 18 g.
- saturated fat 2 g.
- cholesterol 0 mg
- fiber 18 g.
- protein 10 g.
- carbohydrate 31 g.
- sodium 58 mg.
Kiwi and Chia Seed Smoothie (breakfast for a 10 day detox)
- Prepairation Time: 5 minutes
- Cooking Time: none
- Servings: 1
- Category: breakfast
1 kiwi, firm, peeled and sliced in half
4 tbls. chia seeds
1/2 lime, juiced
1/4 c. packed fresh mint leaves
1/2 c. ice (optional)
1 c. water
1 c. packed spinach or 1 medium kale leaf, stem removed
Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend on high speed until smooth.
NOTE: To activate the enzymes in the seeds and nuts in any smoothie recipe for easier digestion, you can soak them ahead of time. Fill a bowl with enough water to cover the seeds or nuts and soak for at least 30 minutes, preferably overnight if time permits.
My Recent Comments
Recipes and Categories
- We feed people the way that we like to eat- with real food from real people October 22, 2016
- The Healing Benefits of Essential Oils October 18, 2016
- Clean Eating Detox: Week 2 Menu Plan: Focusing on Awareness October 10, 2016
- Week 2: Focus on Awareness in the second week of this cleanse experience October 7, 2016
- Establish smart meal planning habits October 5, 2016